This guided 5 days Mount Kenya climbingtrip takes you through the slopes of Mount Kenya via Narumoru climbing route with our professional trekking guide.
The Naro Moru Route is one of the popular trekking routes to reach Point Lenana, the third-highest peak of Mount Kenya. This route is commonly used for climbers who want to experience the beauty and challenge of Mount Kenya without the technical difficulties of climbing to the highest peak, Batian.
Nairobi - Naro Moru.
After breakfast, depart Nairobi for Naro Moru town where you will spend the night at the Youth Hostel after sorting out and organizing any gear you may require to hike up the mountain, which also serves as an acclimatization process as Naro Moru is 2,000m above sea level.
Naro Moru - Met Station.
Drive to the Naro Moru Park Gate and hike a distance of 9 km in an average hiking time of 4 hours. Rest of the day at leisure continuing with the gradual process of acclimatization. Dinner and overnight at the hut, which is 3,000m above sea level.
Met Station - Mackinders.
After breakfast, hike up the Teleki valley to Mackinder’s camp where there is a spectacular view of the main peaks. The walking time will be five hours approximately. Meals and overnight at the hut, the altitude here is 4,200m.
Mackinders - Point Lenana - Mackinders.
You will wake up to a pre-down attempt of Point Lenana. An early start ensures a successful summit bid and weather permitting, for a clear view of the majestic summit scenery. Pt Lenana stands at 4,985m above sea level. Descend to Mackinders camp for dinner and overnight at the hut , having conquered Mt. Kenya.
Met Station - Nairobi.
After breakfast, descend down to Met Station and on to the park gate in 3 to 4 hours time. Drive to Naro Moru town for lunch then return to Nairobi arriving in the afternoon.
- Return transfers between the hotel to the start / finish point of a climb
- All Mount Kenya National Park gate fees, camping / hut fees and climbing permits.
- Chief guide carries a Pulse Ox meter, used to take blood-oxygen level readings of clients twice a day
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment
- Porter to carry your duffel bag, with maximum weight of 15kg / 32 lbs, from one camp to the next camp
- A comprehensive Climbing Mount Kenya Travel Information pack.
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Entry visa for Kenya
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Nairobi
Ready for an Exciting Adventure?
You’re welcome to inquire about our available safari options or customize your own unique experience. Start planning your tailor-made African adventure with us today.