6 Days Climbing Mt. Kenya Safari. Hiking through the scenic Sirimon route, with some game-viewing and bird watching opportunities along the first day’s paths in this Mountain park in Kenya. Then it’s up across the Liki and Mackinder’s Valleys to Shipton’s camp where you can see glistening peaks and stunning scenery.
The Sirimon route is a moderate-strenuous climb but not a technical one.
Nairobi - Sirimoni Trail
An early departure from Nairobi with a lunch stop enroute to the National Park Gates on the Sirimoni Trail. Then a 3-4 hour steady ascent to Judmaier Camp (3,350m).
A 5-6 hour walk up Mackinder’s Valley to Shipton’s Caves (4,150m). It is a dramatic landscape with giant lobelias all around and the towering peaks ahead.
Acclimatization day. Optional trek to Kami Hut (4,425m) and Hausberg Col (4,591m).
A very early start-up the North Ridge to reach point Lenana (4,985m). Descend to Teleki Valley on the opposite side of the main peaks to Mackinder’s Camp for a good night’s rest.
Met Station .
Descend to Met Station (road head) on the NaroMoru Track and transfer by vehicle to NaroMoru River Lodge for the Night.
Met Station- Nairobi
After breakfast Transfer to Nairobi in the morning for your flight back home or continue with the wildlife safari.
- Return transfers between the hotel to the start / finish point of a climb
- All Mount Kenya National Park gate fees, camping / hut fees and climbing permits.
- Chief guide carries a Pulse Ox meter, used to take blood-oxygen level readings of clients twice a day
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment
- Porter to carry your duffel bag, with maximum weight of 15kg / 32 lbs, from one camp to the next camp
- A comprehensive Climbing Mount Kenya Travel Information pack
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Entry visa for Kenya
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Nairobi.
Ready for an Exciting Adventure?
You’re welcome to inquire about our available safari options or customize your own unique experience. Start planning your tailor-made African adventure with us today.